Saturday, March 6, 2010

Olá and Buon giorno to you

I've been cooking and experimenting a lot with Asian dishes in the past decade, we love that sort of food in this house. I will no doubt come back to doing that again one day but for the moment I am all cooked out and would like to try my hand at something new. I am wondering if anybody out there has a couple of traditional Portuguese and Italian dishes to share with me. (Not pizza by the way, I've made it for my granddaughters. That is, I rolled out the store bought dough and they put on the toppings. But if there's any easy non-yeast way to go about it, I wouldn't mind knowing.)

The recipes can't have exotic ingredients which I am not likley to find unless I get on a plane and visit (wish I could afford to). Something simple for a beginner, but delicious. I admit my ignorance, I know some few things about Italian food, and nothing about Portuguese food. The nearest I've come to Portuguese is Nandos but I suspect that there's a lot more to it than Peri Peri sauce, delicious though that is. One of my children is a vegetarian, so if there are such things as Italian or Portuguese vegetarian dishes I would appreciate it.

No comments: